Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Its time we all talked more =)

I've always wanted to have a band, and when we finally formed up, it was really like a dream finally come true for me. Sounds mushy, but its really true.

When we had our gigs.. the 1st and the 2nd, everything felt so good when we overcame obstacles and started playing better.

But now, I'm starting to reflect on our progress as a band and the way to describe it, is 2 steps forward and 1 step backward. What are the possible reasons? Our dedication towards wanting to play as a band? Our effort in learning songs? The songs we picked? We don't jam enough?

I realise, its not just personal reflections, but we gotta reflect together as a band.
Where is it that we envision ourselves going? Are we simply just jamming for the heck of it, just for fun?

So here's my personal thoughts on how I wish our band could be.

-That we can do more Chinese songs, although I'm also more than glad to do English covers, because it doesn't hurt to learn different styles that will be helpful to our originals.

-Work harder on our originals, rather than let them go to waste.

-That we don't have to always spend overly too much time revising old songs, so that we can pick up more.

- That we can put our hearts into making this band work well.

- That we can all put in individual efforts to practice well before each jam session.

To me, this is more than just a hobby but something I've really always wanted to do. I know I'm not working now, so its easier for me to say these. But I still hope and wish and pray that we can grow stronger as a band and not just jam as time passes by and pretty aimlessly.

Its not about the time we jam together as a band. At least its what I feel. Its the individual times we put in, apart from each other, to create a miracle when we meet up. You guys got what I mean? We can jam every fornight, but we are always going to move back a few steps each time if we don't practice on our own, in between fortnights.

One thing that helps for me (although I know I don't have the burden of memorizing guitar parts), to remember song structures is that I always put the songs on my computer playlist whenever I can. So they go into my head after a while.

Hope to hear what you girls feel too.

But lastly, I just wanna say, I'm really glad that we managed to form an all girl band and I'm always proud of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home